Recently I asked the MN HS League Coaches about local programs for adult Mountain Bike skills development. We have great programs for school kids of course, including summer camps, but adult programs are harder to find. The ones I know of are based in Colorado.
Happily this group knew of a few. Here’s the list from the FB group and some Google searching:
- Mtn Bike Skills thru Dakota County Parks and Valley Bike and Ski
- North Star Mountain Bike Guides (MSP)
- Loppet Foundation Skill Builders (MSP, led by Eric Robertson)
- Mountain Bike Skills Network and Facebook Mountain Bike Skills Network are good places to research from
- Bike Instructor Certification Program
- PMBI has an annual course at Spirit Mountain (Duluth) for people who want to be instructors
- REI has classes but usually are for beginners
- Be a ride leader/coach for the MN High School Cycling League. This falls under the fringe-benefit category, but it is where I’ve learned what puny skills I have. The league teaches basic and intermediate race oriented skills so we can teach students, and ride leaders can listen and watch team coaches.
- Check out the videos and references on the Highland Park Mountain Bike Learning page.