There's an emerging paved loop along the MN River Bottoms that can be a good option when dirt trails are too wet to ride. It's possible that one day it will be a good option for inline skating, but as of 2022 I think some parts are too rough or even gravel.
MSP XC ski, skijoring, bicycle and inline skating trail notes. A personal blog.
Tuesday, March 29, 2022
Minnesota River Bottoms paved loop: 35W to 77
Saturday, March 26, 2022
Harriet Island, Lilydate, Great River, Fort Snelling, Minnehaha, Crosby Farm Loop
This is about 24 miles, a good spring ride on a fat bike. Some dirt, some broken pavement trail, some gravel.
1. Crosby Form dirt trails were prime! Not muddy.
2. At 44°53′46″ N 93°10′15″ W on trails west of marina there’s an old asphalt path that goes up to Shepherd road across from Crosby. Fun descent, good climb.
3. There are now singletrack paths along much of the paved trail from Hidden Falls to Crosby. Slowly accumulating over years.
4. The peninsula by watergate marina has many dirt trails. Now is prime time to explore before they get overgrown. Five years ago just a few.
5. Highland Bridge development looks great and has a skate/bike park and big park at south end.