Snowflake Nordic Ski Center
Snowflake Nordic Ski Center does have skijoring, but only for “members” who have signed up for a season pass -- about $180 for a family.
Jay Cooke State Park
Jay Cooke state park has a skijoring trail (confirmed by park email, not publicized), but it was damaged by flooding; it should reopen in mid to late 2014. Jay Cooke also has fat bike trails, but they don't appear on the current map. The park doesn't allow skijoring on the fat bike trails. (BTW, Itasca officially supports skijoring -- but park lodging doesn't allow dogs. Bit of a nasty trick there.)
Millennium Trail Region - Superior Wisconsin - Superior Municipal Forest Multiuse Trail System
- Trailhead with Parking available at the Superior Municipal Forest trail head at 28th Street/Wyoming Avenue
- Trails: 26 kilometers—beginning to advanced
- Hours: Daily 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (Trails are not lighted)
- Skijoring portion on 5-mile portion of the Orange Trail on Chase's Point (shared with snowmobiles/ATVs). see also: Proposed use map
- Trails are tracked and groomed seven days a week, weather permitting, for both skate and classic skiing.
- Daily use: $5, 15 and under free
Endurance Kennels, LLC
6838 Pequaywan Lake Rd
Duluth, MN 55803
- Boulder lake area: This page has details ...
- Dog Owners and Skijorers: We welcome you and your dog to the Boulder Lake trails on Thursday's and Sundays. ... alternate location to ski with your dogs would be the Buzz Ryan Road, an ungroomed forest management road on the northeast side of the Boulder Lake Management Area, accessed via Highway 4.
- The ski area is located beyond Snowflake on Highway 4 (commonly known as the Rice Lake Road or Rudy Perpich Memorial Highway) which leads to Ely, Minnesota.
- Munger trail near Munger Inn: Duluth Western Hillside Trails are not groomed. This web page has one of the best lists of regional trails, a photo shows skijoring on the western waterfront trail.
- Island Lake (maybe?)
- Duluth XC Ski trails
- Midwest Skijorers: Skijor friendly trails
- Duluth Trail list
Post a Comment